This week for the writer’s workshop I am going to write about number two which is: ten reasons I am glad to be done with school. I did write a post a few weeks ago about wanting to take classes, but I have zero desire to go back to school. Let’s get right into the ten reasons I don’t want to go back to school.
- The first reason I don’t want to go back to school is that I have no desire to be in the same classrooms as teenagers again.
- I don’t want to have to take tests anymore. I have always had test anxiety, so I don’t want ever to have to take tests again.
- I have no desire to have to do homework.
- I never had to study in high school, so when I got to college, I had no idea how you study. I still have no idea on how you are supposed to study so I am glad that I don’t have to try and figure it out now.
- Assigned reading-Buying books that you can’t afford and they won’t buy them back at the end of the year.
- Dealing with Teachers-I have never liked to deal with other people and having to deal with teachers always sucked. It is also hard in college because most professors write their books so if you don’t learn well from that teacher you are in a lot of trouble because you have to use their book. I had a biology professor at the University of Utah that if I had gone into his class not knowing anything, I would have failed because he taught so weird.
- Having to take certain classes even if they don’t interest you. I never got a degree because I didn’t want to take the P.E. classes or the art classes you have to take to graduate.
- Group projects-I was always was the person in the group that did most of the work because I wanted it done right. I also am not the kind of person who likes to leave things to the end.
- Working and going to school-Most days it is all I can do to go to work and back home so I have no idea how I would be able to work full-time and go to school even if I only went back part time.
- The amount of money it costs to go to school
Those are ten reasons that I am glad to be out of school. I am sure if I sat down long enough I could come up with another ten reasons I am happy to be out of school.