This week’s for the writer’s workshop I am going to write about number four which is: 8 Things I Love About My Freedom. I chose to write about this one because I am so thankful that I live in the United States and even though there is so much chaos going on here right now I am still glad that we can voice our opinions. I don’t agree with the majority of the things happening, but at least we have the ability to say what we think even if it isn’t the most popular opinion. Let’s get on to the 8 things I love most about my freedom.
- The first thing I thankful for is as I said earlier we can speak our mind even if other people might not agree with us. I can’t imagine living in a country where if you say something the government doesn’t like you can be put in jail or even killed.
- I am thankful that I was able to graduate from high school and even go on to college.
- I am grateful that women can vote and that women can fun for public office. I think it is a great thing that women can run for president. (With that being said I don’t like Hillary Clinton at all and I wish that she wasn’t the first women to ever run for president.)
- I am thankful that women have equal rights to men. (I know that things could be so much better for women in this country but at least we are able to work and go to school. When in other countries you don’t have the option of working.)
- I am thankful that I live in a country where I can treat my Multiple Sclerosis so that I can work and still contribute to society.
- I am thankful that I live in a country where I chose my religion, and I am not forced to believe something that I may not agree with.
- I am thankful that I live in a country where we can help others when they have natural disasters’. I say this because it is great we can help, but I don’t agree with us always getting in the middle of everyone else’s wars.
- I am thankful for all of the soldiers that put their lives on the line so that I can have everything that I have.
Those are all of the things I love about my freedom. I know there are other things that I am thankful for but those are the first eight things that came to mind when I was writing this post. I know that we have so many problems we need to work through and things we need to figure out in this country but we do have it so much better than so many other nations. I wish that instead of killing each other we would all work together to change the things that are wrong in our country. I am not going to say anything more about that because I have no idea how to fix the problems we have and I am sad about all the killing that has been going on these past few years.