I was reading this post last week and I loved how it described what some of this things that people Multiple Sclerosis go through and it made me want to list a few of the things that I deal with because of the MS. I know that people who are around me don’t know what I go through most of the time because I am not the kind of person who complains or even talks about what I am feeling so I think this list will help others who are newly diagnosed to know that they aren’t alone. So here goes the list:
- Right now the number one thing I am dealing with is insomnia & extreme fatigue. I wish there as a way to explain how it the fatigue I am experiencing is different from just a regular person feeling tired. The best way to describe it that I can come up with is that it takes to much energy to even breath. If I could stop breathing I would because it takes more energy than I have at that moment.
- My fingers have been totally numb for about 6 years or so. When it first happened it was scary because I couldn’t type or really do anything. I taught myself to type and how to do everything that I used to do. The reason that this bugs me is because there are somethings that I touch that I have to drop because I can’t stand how they feel on my fingers.
- I get random shooting pains that come out of no where and go away as quickly as they came.
- Headaches/Migraines: I have been struggling with these before I was diagnosed. I am pretty sure that the migraines I get are part of my MS because they have never really said one way or another.
- My legs just deciding that they no longer need to work when I am walking or when I go to stand up from sitting.
Those are the main things that I deal with on a daily basis. I know there are more things but because of the whole lack of sleep and fatigue those are the only ones I can think of.