When I saw this was one of the prompts for the writers workshop I knew I had to write about it. The prompt I chose this time is 5.) List 8 books you’ve read that you think everyone should read in their lifetime. I have read tons of books in my lifetime and I am going to list 8 of the ones that I have read so far that I think everyone needs to read. I chose all these books for different reasons and I will write that next to the title & author of the books.
- 1984 by George Orwell- I read this book when I was in high school and I find it crazy how some of the things that happened in this book are happening in our country now. I think that everyone needs to read this book because it is an amazing book and it is an eye opener.
- Fearless by Eric Blehm-This is about one of the Navy Seals from Seal Team 6 that went in and killed Osama Bin Laden. He was shot during the firefight and this is a story written about his life. I cried through parts of this book because he had an amazing story and I feel so bad for his wife and children who lost him way too soon.
- The Milestone Tapes by Ashley Mackler-Paternostro- I am not sure if I can even tell you how much I loved this book. I cried through a lot of this book and I still loved it. It is an amazing story and something I think I would do if I had young children and knew I was going to pass away from cancer before they children had grown to be an adult. She basically makes tapes for her daughter for all the big things she knows her daughter will go through as she is growing up without her.
- Stress Test by Richard L. Mabry- I put this one on here because I love a good medical thriller and this one delivered on that. If you lost suspense/thrillers than I know you will love this one. (If you click on the title you will be directed to my review on this book)
- Anomaly by Krista McGee- I think everyone should read this one because it is about a dystopian society but it brings God into the story and I loved that about this book. The next book in the series comes out in January and I can’t wait to read it.
- The Beloved Daughter by Alana Terry-I just read this book recently and I have to say that I loved everything about it. I loved learning about what was going on during this book and I also had to wonder how many people really lived this story. It take place in North Korea and it broke my heart to read and I was also sad because you don’t know what really happens at the end.
- The Girl In The Box by Sheila Dalton- I read this book a few years ago and I really enjoyed it because like the book The Beloved Daughter I have to wonder how many people really live like this and how many times things like this happen to people.
- Defending Jacob by William Landay- I loved this one because you get to see how some people think and you also get to see what some people will do for their children. I don’t know if my child did something like his does I am not sure how I would handle it and what I would do.
Do you have any suggestions for books that I should read?